skin texture

Got any tips and tricks you would like to share? Give us your shortcuts and tell us about your mistakes!

skin texture

Postby roobybear » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:32 pm

I have noticed some of the dolls now actually have real texture to the skin and was wondering how that can be achieved??? any idea's? Hope you know what i mean. Thanks Bec :-)
roobybear
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: skin texture

Postby SallyDee » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:03 am

I give tongues texture using thickening medium. And I can get texture on nails, lips and inside fingers with glazing gel and stiffer brush - but it's very basic when you look at some of the skin textures that are currently being achieved. There is a whole range of new texturing products that have been partly shown in Discovering Dolls mag, and in the Secrist Tutorials. But if you go onto the Secrist web page you can see the whole range available. How you use them I have no idea - I will wait for you to try and then show hun :wink: BOL with your investigation and trials xxxxx
SallyDee
Elite
Elite

Postby roobybear » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks Sally... i will do some investigating :wink: i thought it might be the thick medium like you said... some babies out now are sooooooo good was just curious more than anything... i would be scared of ruining my doll... i am not that brave...yet :wink: :rofl:
roobybear
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby cuddlebabiesnursery » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi!
If you mean something to the effect of pores on the skin, I have a fantastic way to achieve the pore look.
It's simple, after you have completed and set your veins, the next layer would typically be the layer in which you would create your pores. Mix up your skin color and make a pretty thin consistancy. Then, brush on the skin mixture and pounce it with a sponge. Try not to pounce the same area too much or you will smooth out the texture. Do this on each limb and the head and that should cover it! I hope this helped. This may not be the way everyone does this, but it's the way that I do it and it works great for me =)

Another skin texture is fine baby hair on the face. To achieve this you would use the same directions for the skin mixture and paint it on with a mop brush. and it should give the effect of fine baby "peach fuzz."
I no longer go by Cuddle Babies Nursery, My new nursery name is now:
Rosebud Babies Nursery.
This is finally official! =)
Look for me on ebay soon.
<3
cuddlebabiesnursery
Active
Active

Postby cherry-blossom78 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Great tip about the peach fuzz - I was wondering about that!
Cherry-blossom78
cherry-blossom78
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to Tips and Tricks