WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY REBORN???

Miscellaneous, general, anything really!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY REBORN???

Postby NALAH49 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:08 am

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHEN THERE WAS OVER 30 WATCHERS AND NO BIDS :( , I HAD HER ON FOR ONLY £100 AND IN THE END NO BIDS, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH HER :oops: HERE WAS MY LISTING

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170861196786? ... 1560.l2649

HUGS NALAH XX
NALAH49
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY REBORN???

Postby Jean » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:35 am

NALAH49 wrote:I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHEN THERE WAS OVER 30 WATCHERS AND NO BIDS :( , I HAD HER ON FOR ONLY £100 AND IN THE END NO BIDS, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH HER :oops: HERE WAS MY LISTING

HUGS NALAH XX

There is nothing wrong with your reborn. Your babies are as beautiful as ever. Many, many rebornears are asking this same question. I think a lot of people are watching trying to find out what is selling and what is not, looking for a direction to go in. The simple answer is hardly anything is selling, even the sought after names aren't selling or not fetching the prices that they were. It has been said by other artists they cannot even get the kit price back when their reborn does sell. Many are saying they are giving up.
I think the problem is an over saturated market. The chancers in life have seen how much money was being paid for reborns and jumped on the band wagon thinking this was a licence to print money. They churned out rubbish used library pictures of other artists work and put them on eBay, Facebook, pre loved, etc and waited on the money coming in. The problem was, they did sell. The buyer who waited for their reborn to arrive were not prepared for the horror that lay inside the box. Of course they didn't get a refund but the damage was done. The reborn artist who puts their life and soul into their work carries the can and are left holding the baby, so to speak.
People like to get the most value for money that they can. Unless they are serious collectors given the choice people will almost always opt for the cheaper option and are put off buying because the doll they have got doesn't resemble anything like they were expecting.
I think the market will even itself out not even the chancers are selling at the moment. They will move on to something else to con people with, their sort always do. It seems things are progressing towards silicone, I don't know what you feel about that. There suddenly seems to be a lot more interest these babies, biggest problem being the price. I think this may also be in for a big change. There has been a new release in the reborn market. Her name is Victoria and she is made from a new soft vinyl moves like silicone but with the added advantage head and limbs are mobile and will stay in place. The kit is also much more affordable than silicone. At the moment this ki is sold out world wide
Jean
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dawnzz1959 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:14 am

NALAH49 wrote:I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHEN THERE WAS OVER 30 WATCHERS AND NO BIDS :( , I HAD HER ON FOR ONLY £100 AND IN THE END NO BIDS, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH HER :oops: HERE WAS MY LISTING

HUGS NALAH XX

Hi Nalah there is nothing wrong with your listing ..not wanting to sound cruel or nasty but for me personally the moles would have put me off ....but thats just my opinion

hugzz Dawn x
Dawnzz1959
Active
Active

Postby pixiepot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:45 pm

only being totally honest the mole put me off the first pic just put me off. i know babies have them just for me im not a fan off moles? however you may have a buyer who does(i like birthmarks)

the pictures looked slightly dark and not 100% focused???what lighting are you taking the pictures in?? did you do them this week?? i need to take some pictures for an auction and the light is terrible here at the moment :(

otherwise i know summer is always slow for sales...... dont feel bad weve all had that one baby nobody seemed to want :kiss:

shes really adoreable x
pixiepot
Elite
Elite

Postby NALAH49 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Thank you everyone, It has'nt been really good weather for taking pictures that i could'nt get good light no matter where i went in the house, and it's my first time at attempting moles I tried to opt for something diffrent and added them but maybe that was a bad idea ( I don't know?), Thank you all though for your words I did notice that there were alot of people giving up reborning. Jean can you please tell me where i can see the new victoria doll. Hugs Nalah xx
NALAH49
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Cathy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Hi sweetie.
Like the others have said ~ those moles might have put buyers off ~
cxxxxxxxxxx
Cathy
Proprietor
Proprietor

Postby NALAH49 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi Cathy, Will remove them and put her on in around 6 weeks or so and see what happens. Is there anything else that needs changing on her as i would like to put it right before i put her back on, once again i would like to thank you all for your help and nice words, Hugs Nalah xx
NALAH49
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Jean » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:44 am

I've got mine on order @ at Puppen Traumland but Tinks has it too .

Just had an email, my Victoria is on her way, will get her Wed. Takes 2 days from Germany. I'm excited.
Jean
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pixiepot » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:52 pm

hi nalah the baby herself is absoloutly gorgous hun, the moles are extremely realistic! so i totally aplaud you for that , great job! i think the one on the face is probably just alittle much, perhaps a dinky pne or none attal. only as a buyers point off view as an artist you did great it looks very real!

apart from the lighting i see nothing wrong. its so hard to get pics i know hun, ive literally waited over a week for today! its so nice i can finally get some pictures :kiss:
pixiepot
Elite
Elite

Postby deni » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:26 pm

I agree with what the others have said, perhaps the moles were a turn off, otherwise she's a sweet baby and certainly priced quite low. Good luck second time around!!!
deni
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby NALAH49 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:35 am

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVICE I REALLY APRECIATE IT, I WILL TAKE THE MOLE OFF HER FACE AND REDO HER, I JUST THOUGHT TO MAKE HER DIFFRENT (AS YOU DO!!!) :oops: JUST TO MAKE HER STAND OUT BUT DID'NT EXPECT THE RESULT :( ANYWAY WILL REDO HER AND SEE WHAT DIFFRENCE IT MAKES, I'M DOING A 15" PREEMIE AT THE MOMENT FOR MY FRIEND AND JUST ON THE 3RD COAT OF GENESIS WILL SEE HOW SHE TURNS OUT BUT NOOOOOO MOLES :lol:

HUGS NALAH.XX
NALAH49
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to General Chat.