Market Stall

Put your babies up for Adoption here for FREE! Or Buy / Sell your spare/unwanted parts. Sorry, no general traders yet - justs babies, odds and sods!

Market Stall

Postby beaubebe.co.uk » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:32 am

Hi All
I am going to be running a market stall on Saturday's every week at an in-door market in Leicestershire, selling my clothing for babies and reborns. I was thinking of selling reborns on the stall too, so if anyone would like me to sell for them, I am more than happy to help. Please let me know how/if you think it could/should work, i.e. sell them via a photo-album on the stall or display the actual reborn on the stall? I will be displaying my own collection of reborns with my outfits on them for people to see and hold, I do think they sell better if people get to actually hold them, but I am no expert on this, comments welcome.
Happy to help you all
Catherine xx
beaubebe.co.uk
Active
Active

Re: Market Stall

Postby Mandy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:42 pm

HI Catherine, anything is worth a try......and they may sell or not sell...i think it is better to have the real thing instead of photographs...what about insurance incase a baby get damaged or stolen from a stall?,,,,I also think a good idea would be for 2nd hand baby clothes...ones in excellent condition...a lot of people go for them as well to dress reborns in...i know i have had a few reborns sold for children and the mothers went round charity shop for a selection of outfits for the kids to play at changing the dolls/babies..

all the best with your new adventure!!

Mandy
You buy.. I supply all your Secrist reborn goods....

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Kiddies-Korner-Reborn-Supplies
Mandy
Expert
Expert

Postby SallyDee » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 pm

That is wierd Catherine, because i was only thinking of the possibility of a joint outlet myself the other day - but was thinking shop - although rental would be a problem on that. I know some of the girls have started to car boot their babies, have enquired if it works as, round here, generaly, booters do not expect to part with that sort of cash. In essence I would be intersted, but think mandy is right re insurance etc, and getting them to you might also be something that needs to be looked at carefully - as we know, sending stuff "tracked" costs a fortune, and to send to you, and then you return it if the baby doesn't sell, could cost £40, and for nothing. There is also the likelyhood of people wanting to pay using credit cards to be considered. Being positive, as e bay is poor at present, i think it is something that should be researched thoroughly and taken from there- we are nothing if not pro-active - and on a personal note would like to say thank you for thinking of us. See what the response is and lets take from there. Hugs Sal xxxx
SallyDee
Elite
Elite

Postby beaubebe.co.uk » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Mandy/Sal
I wanted a shop, but the rental and rates was far to much (£16k per year), so I went for the next best thing and because it's in-doors, it'll be nicer than standing out in the cold. I have to have public liability insurance as a stall holder anyway and I could also include insurance for my stock too, which would cover the reborns too! I am starting this weekend, so I will let you all know how they are received on the stall and if they are frowned upon, then we know where we stand!! Maybe I could start with just showing people photographs of babies for sale and then if they are proving popular, then take it from there?? It's like you say, the P&P could be a problem (cost wise), unless it is so successful that I could afford to buy them from you all out-right and then sell them on the stall (I wish) xx
I will let you know how saturday goes :-)
If I could make these beautiful babies myself, I would, but just trying to work out what I need to start me off is giving me a bad head, I'm so dizzy. :rofl: :rofl:
C xx xx
beaubebe.co.uk
Active
Active

Postby andypandy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:29 pm

i have been running a market stall now for just over a year and also do my carboots different ones each fortnight selling second hand baby cloths and knits aswell as my reborns does not make me rich lol but i have got known and had quite a few customs off it so i say go for it mind some weeks i make nothing :oops:
andypandy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby beaubebe.co.uk » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Annette
I'm not allowed to sell second-hand clothes coz their's another lady already doing that on a stall, but I am going to see how the reborn little darlings are received by the shoppers before I do anything, it should get lots of attention if nothing else!! Good for you, the car-booters round here want everything for nothing and will offer me just mere pennies for my things, which is frustrating...but if it is working (most times) for you, that is fab. It is certainly a tough time for everyone of us trying to make a living...I sound like my Nan (bless her x).
C xx
andypandy wrote:i have been running a market stall now for just over a year and also do my carboots different ones each fortnight selling second hand baby cloths and knits aswell as my reborns does not make me rich lol but i have got known and had quite a few customs off it so i say go for it mind some weeks i make nothing :oops:
beaubebe.co.uk
Active
Active

Postby andypandy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 pm

beaubebe.co.uk wrote:Annette
I'm not allowed to sell second-hand clothes coz their's another lady already doing that on a stall, but I am going to see how the reborn little darlings are received by the shoppers before I do anything, it should get lots of attention if nothing else!! Good for you, the car-booters round here want everything for nothing and will offer me just mere pennies for my things, which is frustrating...but if it is working (most times) for you, that is fab. It is certainly a tough time for everyone of us trying to make a living...I sound like my Nan (bless her x).
C xx
andypandy wrote:i have been running a market stall now for just over a year and also do my carboots different ones each fortnight selling second hand baby cloths and knits aswell as my reborns does not make me rich lol but i have got known and had quite a few customs off it so i say go for it mind some weeks i make nothing :oops:

no love in war there is room for more than one stall selling second hand cloths i say go for it
andypandy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby maZ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:40 pm

I wish you the best of luck with your venture catherine well done for having a go i would have an inexpensive reborn on the stall for holding & cuddles with photos maybe on the wall of others and an album with ones for sale your baby clothes are lovely cant see a problem with selling them hun GOOD LUCK x
maZ
Super Elite
Super Elite

Postby beaubebe.co.uk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 pm

Aah thanks Maz, it's funny that I mentioned my Nan before and she used to live in Darlington for many years and I noticed that you are from there, she must be watching over me!
Good idea re the pics and one for cuddles etc. Will let you know how it goes after the weekend.
C xx xx
maZ wrote:I wish you the best of luck with your venture catherine well done for having a go i would have an inexpensive reborn on the stall for holding & cuddles with photos maybe on the wall of others and an album with ones for sale your baby clothes are lovely cant see a problem with selling them hun GOOD LUCK x
beaubebe.co.uk
Active
Active

Postby maZ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 pm

IT JUST CAME TO ME TO ME CATHERINE AS I WAS READING YOUR POST HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU WHERE IN DARLINGTON WAS YOUR NAN FROM LUV x
maZ
Super Elite
Super Elite

Postby beaubebe.co.uk » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:05 pm

I don't know and sadly she is no longer with us to ask :cry: I do miss her, she was like a Mum to me as I was with her most of the time as a child (she lived with us).
xx C xx
maZ wrote:IT JUST CAME TO ME TO ME CATHERINE AS I WAS READING YOUR POST HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU WHERE IN DARLINGTON WAS YOUR NAN FROM LUV x
beaubebe.co.uk
Active
Active

Postby swiftcrafter » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:10 am

i think the market stall is a great idea!

shame i have no babies ready made at the moment as we are quite close i could have bought 1 up for you to put on the stall :roll:

never mind let me know how you get on and when i have finished my next baba you can decide if you want him for your stall!?!? :-)

i am waiting for my next kit to arrive should be here today so should be finished in a couple of weeks

lindseyx
swiftcrafter
Expert
Expert

Postby beaubebe.co.uk » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:18 am

Hiya Lindsey
Happy to help! Give me a shout when your next one is ready and we can work something out...hubby works in Nottingham regularly so he can always collect :-)
Hugs
C xx
swiftcrafter wrote:i think the market stall is a great idea!

shame i have no babies ready made at the moment as we are quite close i could have bought 1 up for you to put on the stall :roll:

never mind let me know how you get on and when i have finished my next baba you can decide if you want him for your stall!?!? :-)

i am waiting for my next kit to arrive should be here today so should be finished in a couple of weeks

lindseyx
beaubebe.co.uk
Active
Active

Postby Cathy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:02 pm

oh thats a great idea hun,x Little Cathy will be able to help you out! :wink:

Hugs
Cathxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cathy
Proprietor
Proprietor

Postby beaubebe.co.uk » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:13 pm

I wish she was here with me now, I'm so nervous about the stall tomorrow...help!
xxxx
admin wrote:oh thats a great idea hun,x Little Cathy will be able to help you out! :wink:

Hugs
Cathxxxxxxxxxxxx
beaubebe.co.uk
Active
Active

Next

Return to "Buy", "Sell" and "Adoptions" Room