opening noses

Magnetic pacifiers, umbilical cords, a battery powered heartbeat simulators, breathing simulators, heat packs. What fine enhancements can you share?

opening noses

Postby pampepsi » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:49 am

hi all,i have opened my first nose using a awl i think thats what its called,well i thought it had gone ok untill i looked and i saw the heat from the awl had left black marks,my reborn looks like he has a dirty nose now how can i fix this,thank. :(
pampepsi
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: opening noses

Postby pinks reborn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:37 am

Hi its a bit after the event im afraid but to avoid this when you are opening the nose with an awl keep a damp washing up sponge next to you with the crill bit on top and every time you heat the awl and insert in the nose then push it in and out of the sponge before reheating , the black sooty look is from the melted vnyl left on the awl .
the only thing you can do is carefully work away the black bits with whatever is effective, put a damp cotton bud in and keep twisting it round , use a drill bit and twist or see if you can get at it from the inside of the head to work it off, hope this helps , i had the same problem when i did my first until i used the sponge . best wishes ,wendy :-)

pinks reborn
Active
Active

Postby pampepsi » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:51 pm

hi wendy thank you so much for your reply,if i ever use the awl again i will do what you told me,i surpose we have to make mistakes to learn lol take care pam x :-)
pampepsi
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby xJoannex » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi Pam,

I done exactly the same on my first reborn and she still has a very black nose lol. I tried everything to remove the black but it won't budge :? I havn't opened the nose on my current reborn and have just added shading instead. If I ever decide to open a nose again I will definitely use Wendy's tip :-)

Joanne xx
xJoannex
Veteran
Veteran

Postby gr82reborn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Try using a tiny round diamond needle file; it should file the black off.
Tamara
gr82reborn
Active
Active

Return to Fine Details.