How do I make 2 front teeth

Magnetic pacifiers, umbilical cords, a battery powered heartbeat simulators, breathing simulators, heat packs. What fine enhancements can you share?

How do I make 2 front teeth

Postby popcorn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Guys I have got some white Sculpey and I want to make 2 front teeth for my 6 month old baby kit can anyone help on how I would do it so that they look realistic.
Thank you :-)
popcorn
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: How do I make 2 front teeth

Postby pamelaine » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:56 pm

I haven't tried to make any teeth yet but I would make them very small and add more if necessary. Is there anyway you could push a small wire through from inside of head, so you have something to anchor the teeth to? Maybe someone who has done them can help. I would be curious to know how they are fixed securely. Hugs Elaine x
pamelaine
Active
Active

Postby popcorn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks Elaine I hope someone has made them before because the Mika sculpt I'm doing really suits a couple of teeth lolx
popcorn
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby pamelaine » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:17 pm

I have just looked at still moments nursery at the teeth they sell, you could copy them and bake them. I assume that still moments will have some sort of tutorial! Hugs Elaine x
pamelaine
Active
Active

Postby Miss Lemon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 pm

I would be interested to know how you secure them inside the mouth. I agree you may need something to anchor them onto, it would not be good if baby's teeth fell out.. Waiting to see what other suggestions come in x
Hugs
Liz
x
Miss Lemon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby pixiepot » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Miss Lemon wrote:I would be interested to know how you secure them inside the mouth. I agree you may need something to anchor them onto, it would not be good if baby's teeth fell out.. Waiting to see what other suggestions come in x
Hugs
Liz
x

...it would be very realistic in an angelica sized doll :rofl: x
pixiepot
Elite
Elite

Postby Creepy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi, I've just noticed your post and would like to help if I may. I have been sculpting using polymer clay for years and a lot of the work I do is very small and detailed. To make very realistic teeth you would also need some translucent clay....mix the clay 1 part white to 3 parts translucent, when perfectly mixed roll your clay out to about a 1 1/2mm thickness. Now for some wire...you need wire that is quite fine, but also not too bendy ( an old fashioned hair grip works well ), cut 2 small squares out of your rolled clay and place 1 square on a small flat bakeproof plate. Take your wire or hair grip (if using a hair grip, cut the knobbly bits off the ends using pliers, and if using wire, shape it like a hair grip)
Now place the rounded top of the wire onto your clay and press down very gently, if your have liquid polymer clay then brush a little onto the clay and over the wire, otherwise baby oil will do just fine ( I hope you can follow this, its hard to describe without pics). Take your other small square of clay and place it on top of the first piece so the wire is sandwiched between the two, again press down gently. Now for the sculpting.....using any pics you have for reference, cut out the shape of your teeth using a sharp blade so you dont "drag" the clay, making sure the wire is inside the edges and in the middle. Dont cut your 2 teeth separately, just make a line down the middle with a toothpick or pointed tool, shape your teeth around the edges so the join is not noticable and also round off your teeth. Dont worry about them looking a bit rough because we come to the magic part now....using a small flat soft brush, dip it into some baby oil and remove the excess, now brush the teeth very, very gently in a downward motion...around the sides, down the line in the middle and then the front. Keep doing this until the teeth are smooth and to your liking.
Do not use too much oil or the clay will soften and become too thin. Now bake the teeth according to the instructions, usually at 130c for 10 to 15 mins. When baked leave the teeth to cool in the oven. To insert the teeth, first mark where they are to go in your baby's mouth and mark where the 2 ends of wire will go, you can shorten the wire at this stage, but leave enough to bend over once they are inserted. Using a small drill bit, drill holes where the wire will be pushed through..make sure you dont do them at an angle or your baby will have buck teeth :rofl:
Carefully push the wire through the holes and check that the teeth are sitting right and then, whilst holding the teeth in place, turn your baby's head over and using long nosed pliers carefully bend the wires over enough to keep the teeth in place. It is a good idea to dab some glue on and around the wire to stop them from moving around.
Hey Presto...teeth that will never come out!!!

I make teeth this way for my goblins..only they have yukky ones :|

Hope this helps...Tina xx
Li'l Orphans reborn babies
Creepy
Active
Active

Postby Creepy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:43 pm

When I get time ladies, I'll post a tutorial on how to make teeth with pics and also one on making fairy ears.... and how to add a tongue. :-)
Grumpy li'l elf with fairy ears.
Li'l Orphans reborn babies
Creepy
Active
Active

Postby clare34 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:55 pm

oh wow creepy sorry i have forgotten ur name! i love ur goblin!!! ur are very talented!!!! would love to see more pics of ur work esp the faries ...well done you,am thinking of trying sculpting myself though nt this year!!!spent enough on the reborning stuff last year and nt made hardly a penny lol :rofl: not that i did it for that hehehehehex
clare34
Active
Active

Postby selenabest » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:38 pm

That's no goblin that's my ex!! :rofl: Thanks for this my son wanted to make a goth doll with fangs and had no idea how to glue em in. hugs xx
selenabest
Veteran
Veteran

Postby emmalovesbabies » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:56 pm

tina wow your goblin is ace your right he is very different from my lil clay baby your goblins made my day i was in a mood with the hubby until i saw him and i was in a better mood in an instant thanks tina im going to show the kids tomorrow they will love him :cheeky:
emmalovesbabies
Veteran
Veteran

Postby choosysuzi » Wed May 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Ha Ha Ha what a surprise to scroll down and see your goblin was expecting a reborn :rofl: love him by the way x
So Angelic Reborn Nursery
choosysuzi
Active
Active

Return to Fine Details.